Kamis, 05 Juli 2018

Sponsored Links

LEARN FRENCH GRAMMAR - STRESSED / DISJUNCTIVE / TONIC PRONOUNS ...
src: i.ytimg.com

The sound release pronoun is a form of emphasis on the person provided for use separately or in the context of a particular syntax.


Video Disjunctive pronoun



Example and use

Disjunctive pronominal forms are usually found in the following contexts. Examples are taken from French, which uses the first person pronouns disjunctive moi . The English (sometimes daily) translation describes a similar use of me as a disjunctive form.

  • in syntactically broken position (or "dislocation")
Les autres s'en vont, mais moi , je reste.
Others left, but me , I stayed.
  • in ellipse construction ("sentence fragment") without verb (eg short answer)
Qui veut du gÃÆ' Â ¢ teauÃ,? Moi .
"Who wants the cake? I .
Il est plus ÃÆ' Â ¢ gÃÆ' Â © que moi .
He is older than me .
  • in the main clause of the blockage phrase
C'est moi que vous cherchez.
This is me you are looking for.
  • after the preposition.
Comptez sur moi .
Count on me .

Disjunctive pronouns are often semantically restricted. For example, in languages ​​with grammatical gender, there may be a tendency to use masculine and feminine pronouns primarily to refer to animate entities.

Si l'on proposed a dishonest candidate, je voterai puang elle .
If someone proposes a good candidate, I will vote for it.
Si l'on proposed une bonne loi, * je voterai puang elle .
If someone proposes a good law, I will choose it (it).

Maps Disjunctive pronoun



"Here I am"

In some languages, people's pronouns have a form called a disjunctive pronoun, which is used when the word stands alone, or just with a discordant word, such as answering the question "Who wrote this page?" The natural answer for most English speakers in this context is "I" (or "It's me"), parallel to moi (or C'est moi ) in French. Unlike in France, where such constructs are considered standard, English pronouns used in this way have caused disputes. Some grammarians argue and convince some educators that the correct answer is "I" or "This I" because "is" is a connecting verb and "I" is a nominative predicate, and until a few centuries ago English used the pronoun in the subjective case in the sentence. However, since English has lost the inflection of nouns and now relies on word order, using my objective case after the verb becomes just like any other verb seems very natural to modern speakers. The phrase "This is mine" has historically come from Central English "It's me," and the change from "I" to "is" is also a step toward improving SVO wording.

Disjunctive Pronouns - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com


See also

  • the English pronoun
  • French pronoun
  • Pronoun intensive
  • Irish morphology
  • Subject pronoun
  • The weak pronoun

Yo tampoco.
src: i.imgur.com


References

  • Cardinaletti, Anna; Michal Starke (1999). "Typology of structural deficiencies: A case study of three classes of pronouns". In Henk van Riemsdijk (ed.). Clitics in Europe . Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter. pp.Ã, 145-233. CS1 maint: Additional text: editor list (link)

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments